Our aim is to ensure that any Solid Fuel burnt in your home or workplace is done so safely and efficiently. Regular cleaning of your chimney or flue and maintenance of the appliance is necessary to achieve that. Stuart brings a reliable and friendly service backed up with the latest industry training and equipment to eliminate dust and mess. Our chimney sweeping service operates from a dedicated Solid Fuel Centre providing extensive knowledge of fuels, appliances, and contacts.
From 2023, we are having to restrict our chimney sweeping service to Newcastle North/East and North Tyneside. Getting across to the West of Newcastle or South of the Tyne can add over 30 minutes to the journey making those sweeps unfeasible.
How much will it cost?
Pricing is dependant on your location; time of year; and whether ABOC have swept your chimney before.
Our local area:
- Newcastle City, East and North: NE1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 12
- North Tyneside, all post codes: NE25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
- Existing customers: £65
- Summer discount (May to July), less £10 = £55
- First service charge, if ABOC have never swept before: add £20
Adjacent to our local area incurs additional travel costs:
- Newcastle West and North of A1: NE4, 5, 13, 15, 23, 24
- Gateshead, South Tyneside: NE8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 31, 32
- Existing customers, swept in last 3 years: £75
- Summer discount (May to July), less £10 = £65
- If ABOC have not swept your chimney before, we are unable to offer a service
Outside of the areas above, we are no longer able to offer a chimney sweeping service.
A standard sweep takes approximately one hour. Chimneys that have not been swept within 3 years can take a bit longer. Should we encounter any problems such as a birds nest or broken components:
- If longer than one hour, add £12.50 per 15 minutes.
How to book?
- Phone or ideally email, see Contact below
- Include your address and available dates and times (AM/PM) which would be best for you
- We will email or call you back to confirm the date and time.
- Email: email@example.com (team Inbox)
- Phone: 0191 295 0523
ABOC are in the process of changing their chimney sweep certification documentation from paper to PC based. We will email future certificates to you, which will be sufficient for your insurance purposes. We also keep a paper copy on file if you ever require it.